Use YOUR consumer power to choose Shark Free cosmetics and personal care products. Plant-based squalene/squalane solutions and alternatives exist. Join the Shark Free revolution by supporting brands that boldly say "no" to shark-based squalene ingredients. We don't need sharks in our shampoo, but we do need them in our oceans!
How to Choose Shark Free Cosmetics:
1) Read product ingredients and look to see if squalene or squalane are listed. If not, your product is likely Shark Free!
2) If squalene or squalane is listed, ensure that the source is from plants, not shark liver oil.
3) Support vegan brands as they don't use shark ingredients!
4) If you can't find the information you need on the product, check the company website for ingredient sources.
5) Write an email or tag the company to ask them for better transparency if you can't find the information you need.
6) Support Shark Free companies here.